Thursday, November 13, 2008

Vocational-Technical Schools


I picked Vocational-Technical Schools because I think that they are valuable to have for high school students. It provides students who want to learn a trade a better opportunity to learn it. If the student goes to a public school they will take a lot of classes that do not interest them and possibly have the student not want to go to school anymore.

I learned that vocational schools offer more programs then I thought that they would. The school provides numerous job training classes for students who are interested in a certain trade. Some that surprised me the most was dental assistant, criminal justice, surgical technician, and medical assistant. I originally thought that it was mostly a school for, auto repair, piping, food preparation, and other jobs of that nature.

I think that this type of school is a good opportunity for students to pursue a career. It gives them many options of different trades that they may be interested in. It can help out students who struggle in public schools not because they are not intelligent but because they are not interested in what is being taught. I like in the book in the paragraph that starts “slackers need not apply” (197) because it shows that the school is not looking for students who are trying to take the easy rout to get out of public schools.


http://www.hightechinstitute.edu/career/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=vocational+schools&utm_campaign=HTI+-+Corporate+/+Identity

No comments: